I was bored….and there may or may not have been some instant noodle influences at work.
Somehow we got on to the topic of making actual meals from instant noodles( Dave Chang may have had something to do with this).
So pretty much you can make ghetto beef rendang using three packets of rendang and a kilo or so of ribs. I mean it works… but it still tastes like instant noodles.
- Sear the ribs(with a blowtorch or in a pan)
- Combine the ribs, seasoning sachets and some water in a slow cooker.
- Cook on a low heat for 12 hours.
- Use the cooking liquid to cook the noodles, add the beef.
- Enjoy… knowing that it’s still instant noodles.