On a hot summers day I could legit drink a pint of good vermouth on ice. So I was bored and decided to make my own using mostly native ingredients. Behold the Berlusconi Rosso
20L of pinot noir rose(or similar)
50g each of:
Organic no spray oranges
1. Combine all of dry ingredients in a carboy with the rose.
2. Plug it and allow it to steep for 3-4 weeks.
3. Ensure you have a qualified housemate to test the progress
4. Strain through a stocking (it’s what Silvio would have wanted)
5. Sweeten to taste (I like it quite dry)
6. Add the grape spirit to fortify up to around 15% (up to you!)
7. Enjoy on the rocks or as a Berlusconi Spritz.