I’ll be honest, the first time I had Pumpkin Pie I was all like ” What the hell, the thing that’s served with roast lamb on a Sunday is in a sweet pie WHAT THE HELL” But hey it was really good. Since then I’ve made a habit of making it at significant American events during the year or whenever we feel like it. Some people say you need canned pumpkin but that is a whole load of BOLONEY!
1.5kg pumpkin skinned and chopped.
200g brown sugar
100g plain flour
Short crust pastry(honestly don’t have the time to make it myself).
1. Cook the pumpkin in the oven at 150 degrees for 90 minutes. Remove from the oven and pass through a potato ricer twice to ensure there are no lumps.
2. In a saucepan bring the pureed pumpkin to a low heat and stir for about 10 minutes to remove excess water.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients and whisk in well.
4. Line pie dishes with pastry and add the mix.
5. Bake at 160 for 35 minutes.
6. Serve with freedom.