Pork Belly kind of just happened on Man Night. As much I as didn’t want to be predictable and put it on the menu, it just happened ok?
1.5kg ish piece of pork belly trimmed.
1 litre pork stock(you can use veal if need be).
1 cup chardonnay vinegar
4 Corella pears
1 whole fennel head.
tsp each of pepper, chilli, fennel seeds, sea salt.
1. Using the back of a rolling pin smack the shit out of the pork belly until it becomes super malleable, season the flesh side with the dry spices.
2. Roll and tie with butchers string.
3. In a large baking dish submerge the pork in the stock and vinegar.
4. Cook at 100 degrees for 8 hours.
5. Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Once cool remove from the liquid and refrigerate uncovered overnight.
6. Slice in to portions and place in a fresh baking dish skin side up. Roast at 200 degrees fan forced for 15 minutes or until you get some crackle.
7. Serve with shavings of pear and fennel.