Ok so this is a dish I’ve only had twice in Tunisia. But I remember two distinct things bout it: It was super moorish and amazingly heavy. In Tunis you are given a bowl and a day old baguette. You break up the baguette and then a ladle of chick pea broth is poured over and you choose your condiments
IM ALL ABOUT CONDIMENTS!
1 cup dried chickpeas
2 eggs(super sort boiled)
One day old baguette
2 tbsp Harissa(want to make your own? Check out my youtube video below)
Grilled green peppers
1/2 onion chopped and fried
2 tbsp fresh ground cumin
1. Soak the chick peas over night
2. Next day wash the chickpeas and bring to a simmer in some lightly salted water
3. Cook for 25 mins on a low heat
4. To serve break up some baguette into a bowl, and add a ladle of the broth
5. ADD CONDIMENTS: this is up to you I like a running egg, tbsp of cumin, tbsp of Harissa, a handful of chopped grilled peppers, same for onions and a slice of lemon. Oh and a drizzle of good olive oil
6. For maximum fancy mix it with you soon and enjoy.
Make your own Harissa.