If you are after something hearty, healthy and delicious – Get your Egyptian on with Ful. It’s such a comfort food and is super easy to make.
1 cup chick peas (dried
1 cup Fava beans (dried
1 small onion sliced very finely
3 cloves garlic chopped
12 cup parsley chopped
2 tbsp toasted cumin seeds
Juice of one lemon
- Soak the chickpeas and fava beans overnight in water.
- Remove from water and wash well.
- In a large saucepan add the beans and chickpeas with one litre of water.
- Bring to the boil and then reduce to a low simmer and cook for 3 hours (check occasionally and add more water if need be.
- To serve top with parsley, onion, lemon juice, toasted cumin and a dash of olive oil (optional)