Bún has to be one of my favourite vietnamese dishes and the one thing i order over and over again when we have a work lunch in Box Hill. You can pretty much top it with whatever you want.
1 packet vermicelli noodles .
1 red capsicum sliced finely.
½ iceberg lettuce shredded
2 cups bean shoots
1 carrot julienned finely
12 small spring rolls (cooked)
1 cup Vietnamese mint
Juice of two limes
2 tbsp brown sugar
4 tbsp fish sauce
4 cloves garlic (minced)
1 tbsp chopped chillies
- Break the vermicili up so the noodles will be about 4-5 inches long.
- Blanch in boiling water until soft, drain, cool under cold water and set aside.
- For the dressing mix all of the ingredients together until the brown sugar dissolves.
- To serve place equal amounts of lettuce, Vietnamese mint, carrot and capsicum in the bottom of four bowls. Add a handful of the vermicili.
- Cut the spring rolls into 2 or 3 and add to the bowl.
- Serve with the dressing on the side ready to be splashed over the Bun.