I’m sure if i was an american i would be like a genetically engineered mix of a New Yorker (bagels, pastrami, pizza and all things culinary) mashed with Texan (Ribs, Ranches, pistol duels(they still do that right?) and some southern hospitality). I’ll also admit that i am of the religion that believes that BBQ sauce makes everything better. I’m waffling again, here is why i like homemade BBQ sauce and slow cooked chicken. This is just as good with beef and pork or a boatload of beans and corn.
1 chicken De-boned
2 onions finely sliced
6 cloves garlic
6 large chillies (HTFU and use 12)
2 tbsp coriander seeds
1/2 cup dark molasses sugar
1 tbsp liquid smoke(optional but is the shiznizz)
1. Saute the onions in a little butter until they begin to soften and get a little colour.
2. Add the garlic, coriander and molasses.
3. The mix should now be quite dark, very thick and starting to stick to the pan. Deglaze with bourbon(FLAMES!)
4. In another pan dry roast the chillies until they begin to burn, chop well and add to the sauce.
5. Add the chicken pieces. Cover with water and simmer for 2 hours.
6. Remove the chicken from the sauce and Shred.
7. Return chicken to sauce and mix.
8. Serve with Idaho Potato, sour cream and some corncakes.