There is no way to make the perfect steak for everybody’s liking. Some people like them charred, whilst others like the steak to still be mooing.
This is the way i like it.
500g Rib Eye (for two)
3 large potatoes (melon balled)
2 cloves garlic
1 large sprig of rosemary
tbsp unsalted butter.
1. Allow the steak to come up to room temperature. Season with salt and pepper.
2. In a hot grill pan, add a little oil(groundnut or rapeseed). Place the steak in the pan and allow to cook for 4-5 minutes or until well coloured.
3. Turn and cook for a further 4-5 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
4. Remove from the pan and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
5. Add some unstalted butter to the grill pan and allow to melt.
6. Pour over the warm steak.
1. Boil the potato balls in salted water for 10 minutes or until tender.
2. Allow to dry well.
3. In a hot pan heat some olive oil, garlic and rosemary.
4. Add the potatoes and fry off until golden brown.
Serve the steak with the juices, green beans and Pommes Noisettes. Oh and have a frosty cider as well.