A friend of mine and fellow contributor to this blog loves Pork. Mei doesn’t just love pork, she jumps around like a little school girl when someone mentions it. It was only fitting that on a boring winters day i make some baby back ribs for Meisy.
3 racks of American Pork Ribs
3 star anise
1.2 litre chicken stock
300ml dark Rum (extra for drinking if you have assignments to do that afternoon)
1 onion chopped
1 tbs dried chilli.
1 cup brown sugar
Combine equal amounts of julienned carrot, julienned cucumber, chilli, bean sprouts, and coriander. Um, yeah thats it but feel free to add whatever you want to that salad.
1. In a large dish mix the chicken stock, star anise, brown sugar, onions and chilli together. Add the ribs and bake at 180 degrees for 2-3 hours (or until the meat falls of the bone).
2. Once cooked allow to cool, and set in the fridge overnight (this will make them easier to cut and intensify the flavour)
3. Using a sharp knife, cut the racks into their individual ribs(up to you)
4. Either using a hot bbq grill or griddle pan, grill the ribs until the begin to colour.
5. Strain and heat the leftover roasting juices and deglaze hte pan.
6. Serve with a rainbow salad.