The one thing i have learnt about Tunisia is that if you have a chance to get something take it! Because inevitably if you return later it will be gone. This happened this week with some Sea Snails that were available at the fish shop, i thought oh i’ll get them tomorrow and then they were gone, i cried a little inside. They would have been fantastic in some garlic butter with a little harissa and hopefully before i leave this place i can find some more. Promising that i would prepare some fish for my host family a large bag of fresh calamari seemed the only option.
3 Calamari cleaned and sliced finely
2 tsb Harissa (add more or less depending on your taste)
4 cloves of garlic minced (again more or less)
2 tbsp olive oil
200g angel hair pasta
1 cup each of red and yellow cherry tomatoes roughly chopped
1. Cook the pasta in salted water as per the packets instructions
2. In a large pan heat the oil and add the harissa and garlic quickly followed by the tomatoes. Allow to cook for 1-2 minutes
3. Add the Calamari and toss for 1 minute on a high heat
4. Add the pasta and toss through.
5. Serve with some crusty bread
*Apologies for the image quality, these pictures were taken on my iPhone in a poorly lit kitchen