So apparently you don’t need to go down a creepy alleyway and meet a poor rendition of a New York Gangster to get your Sago fix.
Readily available from supermarkets Sago makes a simple pudding that can be tweeked to suit any taste at is a carrier of flavours. Feel free to add anything you want in place of lemon.
1/2 cup sago
2 cups water
5tbs golden syrup
Juice and Rind of 3 large lemons
5 tbsp caster sugar (less or more depending on your taste)
1. Combine sago and water in a pot. Bring to a medium heat and cook for 20-25 minutes stirring continually.
2. Add the Golden Syrup and combine well.
3. Add the Lemon Juice and Rind and combine.
4. Add the sugar and combine.
5. Pour into ramekins or bowls. Allow to cool in the fridge for 1-2 hours