Firstly if you are confused with the voiceover in the video be not alarmed, the person responsible has been fired and will never work in this town again! The video shows a doubled recipe. Here is the original for a single Lemon Polenta Cake. Easy to make, very moist and delicious and double bonus because it is Gluten Free!
180g unsalted butter
150g fine Polenta
4 tsp lemon zest
250g caster sugar
250 light Greek yogurt
juice of one lemon
extra tsp of sugar
1. Beat butter, lemon zest and sugar until creamy. Add the eggs one at a time.
2. Add half of the yogurt and polenta and mix well.
3. Add the remaining yogurt and polenta and mix well.
4. Pour into a greased and lined cake tin and bake at 150 degrees for 40 minutes.
5. In a small pot bring the juice of one lemon and 1 tsp of caster sugar to a medium heat for 5 minutes or until reduced.
6. Pour the syrup over the cake and serve.