You know my belief…. Twitter never lies. And this morning i woke to find that today is International Nachos Day!
1/2 red capsicum finely sliced
1/2 green capsicum finely sliced
1/2 cup light mozarella cheese
Large green and red Chili finely sliced
1 red onion finely diced
1 can of red kidney beans
handful of chopped coriander
4 tomatoes chopped
1/2 tbsp coriander powder, cumin and cinnamon.
1/2 cup chopped jalapenos
For the Topping
1. Fry off half the onion, the capsicum and chili in a hot pan. Add tomatoes, spices and beans. Cook until tender
2. Pour over a dish filled with corn chips, add half a can of refried beans, and the cheese. Shake the dish well to ensure the topping gets into the nooks and crannies.
3. Bake in a fan forced oven at 200 degrees for 15 minutes.
1. Smash the avocados and add the coriander, the other half of the chopped onion and the juice of one lime. Season with salt and pepper
1. Top the nachos with a generous amount of guacamole and the jalapeños. Feel free to add your own garnishes such as grilled chicken, minced beef or sour cream.
2. Enjoy with a frosty mexican beer.