Cha’s Kitchen has finally returned! Have a look at the first 3 videos. All recipes are below and will continue to be posted on lusciousness.
Make sure you follow cha’s kitchen on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/chaskitchen
1 Large Rabbit
2-3 celery stalks
4 thin slices of procuitto
1/3 cup chopped parsley
1 cup finely sliced pumpkin(julienned)
2 medium potatoes boiled
Flour, egg and crumbs for crumbing
1. To start dismantle the beast, remove the hind legs, de-bone the loin and remove the forequarter. (Your butcher will happily do this for you)
2. In a large pot combine the legs and forequarter, two onions, cloves, sage, thyme, salt and pepper and cover with cold water. Simmer for two hours.
3. Allow to cool and remove and clean meat with a damp towel (to remove scum).
4. Pan fry the hind legs in a little olive oil until golden.
For the Jus
1. In a large dish roast the bones, onions, celery and carrots for 2-3 hours at 150 degrees. deglaze with water, strain and transfer to a pot. Reduce and cut with 1tsp of muscat (season with salt and pepper to taste)
For the rolled loin
1. Lay out the prosciutto, place each loin inside the prosciutto and roll. Pan fry in a hot dry pan and transfer to a hot oven for 10 minutes. Allow to rest.
For the croquettes
1. strip the meat from the forequarter. Combine with pumpkin, parsley, half the potato, salt and pepper. Roll into croquettes, crumb and fry until golden.
8. Serve with your favourite winter vegetables and drizzle with the Jus.
Seriously the easiest dessert evveerrrr! Its Legen (wait for it, and i hope you’re not lactose intolerant) Dary!
500ml milk (i use skim, but you’re pretty and don’t need to drink 1 percent)
1 tbsp white sugar
1 tsp vanilla
20g powdered gelatin
1 tsp rosewater
Pomegranate liqueur (Chambord is a good substitute)
1. Heat the milk, sugar and vanilla in a pan until just below boiling
2. Strain through a fine sieve, add gelatin gradually and whisk well.
3. Add rosewater and pour into ramekins.
4. Allow to set over night (4-5hours minimum)
5. Remove from molds, garnish with pomegranate pearls and liqueur.