Arancini has to be the ultimate comfort food. Fried risotto balls filled with a luscious filling. This recipe starts with a basic risotto recipe so you can add anything to that to make an easy dinner. For the fillings also feel free to add anything you want, personally my favourite filling is a rich Ragu – mama mia!
1 tbsp oliv oil
1 small onion finely diced
3 cloves garlic minced
3 cups aborio rice
1 tbsp butter
1/2 cup parmesan
50g of good quality ham/pancetta or bacon
3 tbsp marscapone
1 cup frozen peas
1 leek finely sliced
Bread crumbs, egg and plain flour for crumbing.
1. In a large skillet fry off the onion and garlic ensuring it does not colour at all.
2. Add the rice and fry off for a further 2 minutes. Gradually add the stock.
3. Keep stirring and adding stock for 8 minutes ensuring the risotto does not get dry.
4. Remove from the heat and add the butter and parmesan – allow to cool in the fridge for a few hours.
5. For the filling, fry off the leeks and ham in a little olive oil until soft, add peas followed by marscapone. Season with Pepper.