Apparently it’s illegal to Bribe people, that certainly wasn’t the case when i was growing up in the mid seventies, to get a bottle of milk you had to throw the milk bar lady ‘Eunis’ a bit of coin. These days you need to be a bit more subtle. I recommend heavy, decadent french desserts. Such as Friands.
Whats that officer, speeding? I’m going to lose my license? That’s not what my little raspberry filled friend thinks…..
These friands are an absolute delight to make and eat, they are so decadent and when it comes to group assignments at uni – they are a perfect way to inspire group members.
200g unsalted butter (melted)
8 egg whites
90g rice flour(you can use plain flour, but this one is googen free.)
300g icing sugar
200g almond meal
About 30 raspberries (a bag of mixed frozen berries will do)
Juice and rind (grated finely) of two large lemons
1. Whisk the egg whites until they become frothy
2. Add the butter and whisk well.
3. Sift the sugar and rice flour into the batter followed by the almond meal and whisk well.
4. Add the lemon juice and rind.
5. Grease a friand or small muffin (muffettes?) tin.
6. Spoon the batter into the mould and drop a raspberry into each one. Bake at 190 degrees for about 10-15 mins or until just firm.
7. If, like me you have extra batter, pour them into shallow pie tins and bake to create a delectable dessert that is perfect for bribing family members.
8. Once cooled, dust with icing sugar and serve.
Follow us on Facebook.