At the end of the year I’m due to head of to Tunisia to study Arabic for about 2 months, super excited! Considering that only a week ago i made an enormous tub of hummus, this is the result of what was in the bottom of the fridge.
3 carrots grated (squeeze the liquid out of the grated carrot)
3 cups of basmati rice
2 liters of chicken stock
1 1/2 tbsp butter
3 chicken breasts
1/2 cup plump raisins (splurge on the good stuff darlings)
1 large zucchini – julienne
2 tbsp persian fetta
2 tbsp lightly smoked almonds chopped roughly.
1. For the carrot pillaf, melt the butter and fry off the carrot with the pepper corns.
2. Add the rice and continue to fry off for about 2-3 minutes.
3. Add the stock and simmer for 10 minutes
4. Remove the lid and cover with a clean tea towel. Allow to rest off the heat for 10 minutes.
5. Mince the raisins and lay into each butterflied chicken breast. Roll and tie.
6. Pan fry the chicken until cooked and well coloured. Allow to cool.
7. In a pot, start with about 2 cups of boiling water and add the julienne zucchini. Cook for 2 minutes
8. Drain and return to the dry pan, add fetta and almonds, stir carefully but well.