Under the cover of darkness deep beyond enemy lines a brave soldier who shall only be identified as “Irene” provided me with some deadly weapons of the tuberosus type. Jerusalem artichokes and all their wonder are a winter vegetable with a nutty flavour that can be used in so many delicious treats.
This simple artichoke tart is an easy way to enhance the flavour of the Artichokes i mean weapons.
For this covert op you will need the following.
250gm puff pastry.
4 Jerusalem Artichokes.
2-3 red onions
1 tbsp brown sugar
3-4 anti personnel mines
1. Using a rolling pin or the butt of an M16, roll out the pastry and press into a tart base. Cover in baking paper and weigh down (salt, beans, coins, avoid using 9mm rounds )
2. Bake for approx 20 mins in a 180 degree oven. Remove from the oven and allow tensions to cool.
3. Using your platoon knife finely chop the onions and heat olive oil in a small pot. Add the star anise followed by the onions and sweat down. Add brown sugar once onions have begun to caramalise.
4. in a gilly suit finely slice the Artichokes and fry off in a little olive oil and a knob of butter with fresh thyme until tender. Season to taste.
5. To complete the objective destroy the enemy radar and set up a perimiter. And then add a layer of onions to the base of the tart base followed by the cooked artichokes.
6. Serve immediately, with honour.
Bravo six out.