I really don’t know how this happened but between our family of four there were leftovers from a small organic free range roast chicken! They are the size of spatchcocks! This is an easy way of transforming leftover chicken into a delicious meal for the next night. Super easy.
Leftover roast chicken (about 2-3 cups worth
1 onion finely chopped
1 stick celery chopped
3 tsp minced garlic
1/2 cup white wine
2 tbsp cream or sour cream
12 sheets of filo
1. In a pan sauté the garlic, celery, asparagus onion until translucent. Deglaze with white wine and allow it to reduce. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Add the chopped chicken and the cream.
3. Using 3 sheets of filo at a time, brush them with melted butter and layer them in threes.
4. Spoon in the chicken mixture and fold the parcels.
5. Bake in a 180 degree oven for 20 minutes until golden.
6. Serve with seasonal vegetables (or revamp last nights roast vegies in a hot pan!)