Its corny i know, but most couples do have a meal that is their “favourite”. For me and Dindy it would have to be wonton soup, its so easy and delicious. You can really chop and change the ingredients to suit your tastes.
For the wontons
1 packet wonton wrappers
250g chicken or pork mince(can also use chopped meat)
2 tsp minced garlic
1/4 cup chopped garlic chives
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 small can water chestnuts chopped.
1 tsp salt
For the soup
2 litres white chicken stock
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 tbsp minced ginger
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
For the veg
3 heads boy choy chopped
3 heads choy sum chopped
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tsp chilli flakes
1. Combine all of the wonton filling ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
2. Layout the wrappes and edge them with a little cold water. Fill each with a heaped tsp of filling and close up.
3. Bring the stock to the boil in a large pot with the garlic, ginger, soy and sesame added.
4. Bring the stock to a simmer and add the wontons cooking for about 8 minutes.
5. Heat another small pan and add the oil until it becomes reasonably hot, add the chilli flakes and then the green vegetables and stir for about 1 minute ( you want them to maintain some texture).
6. In serving bowls, put a some greens in the bottom followed by about 5-6 wontons and some broth.
7. Serve immediately.